When should you start creating a holiday marketing masterplan? Right now! November is here, so time is of the essence to plan your holiday sales calendar, giveaways and other creative marketing ideas.
Where to start?
Starting a holiday sales plan can be overwhelming, so to help you jump start the task with minimal stress, here are some basic guidelines to set yourself up for success:
- Make a Holiday sales calendar. Print out a November and December calendar, mark down the big days for sales and then start a list of ideas for each day.
- Plan out gift bundle ideas. Search for the sales and pieces that you can group together to make a cute gift set.
- Plan gift collections under X, Y, Z. For example, a gift collection of items all under $50, $25 and $15.
- Put together a gift guide. Even if you aren’t buying items special for the Holiday season, use Bloom items to curate a guide. Put together items for mom, grandma, teacher, etc.
- If you’re planning to give back this season, compile an Amazon Wishlist for items to be purchased for Toys 4 Tots. Have the items shipped to you and as the boutique owner, personally wrap the items and drop them off at a Toys 4 Tots location.
- If you’re planning to gift wrap and ship, make sure you select a cut off date to ensure items ship in time for Christmas.
What are the big days for sales?
- Pink Friday: November 17. This is YOUR DAY! Specifically made for boutique owners.
- Black Friday: November 24. Will you do doorbusters or gift with purchase?
- Small Business Saturday: November 25. Make sure you bring the wow factor!
- Cyber Monday: November 27. Time for online sales. But don’t give away the farm by doing large blanket sales!
- 12 Days Of Christmas: specials/discounts/promos for 12 days!
- Boutique Bucks
What is the 12 Days of Christmas?
It’s an easy 12 days of FUN! Do you have to do sales every day for 12 days, no way! So what can you do to keep your shoppers excited about this event?
- Free shipping day
- Bogo day
- Giveback to your shoppers: pizza on you, coffee on you etc
- Bundle ideas
- Gift wrapping day
- Spend X on gift cards, get X free
Remember to make the days fun and unique so your shoppers keep talking about it and want to come back!
What are Boutique Bucks?
We all know that January can be a dreadful month. People are coming off the high from the holidays and spending tends to be less. So take a week in December and offer Boutique Bucks. Spend X today get X to use in January (offer expires Jan 31).
Tips to remember
You are not the only fish in the sea, there are other boutiques out there doing similar things as you. So why should they shop from you? Give them a REASON! People buy things based on emotions, so if they have a bad experience just once, odds are they will not come back to you. WOW them and stand out. Be unique. Be you!
How will Bloom support boutique holiday sales?
Bloom has begun rolling out holiday attire, such as shimmery tops, holiday sweaters, holiday earrings and New Year's bling. A Special Fall Sale was also released with products offered at 25-40% below regular wholesale pricing that can be used in all your holiday sales or gift bundles. So don’t delay and start planning now!
From our team to yours, Happy Holidays!