Signs abound that the holiday season has begun, such as the sudden chill in the air, eggnog lattes at Starbucks and Christmas ads hitting the airwaves. So, you might be asking, when should I start gearing up for holidays?
That answer is easy, right now! It’s time to get preppin’ for the holiday season. Time to think about sales, giveaways and give backs and what big “sales days” you’ll partake in.
Where should I start?
That can be an overwhelming and hard question, but below are some basic guidelines to help set yourself up for success.
- Holiday Sales Calendar -- Print out monthly pages and mark the “big days” along with creative sales ideas.
- Gift Bundles – Group sales pieces together to make a cute gift set.
- Gift Collections – Create gift collection of items and categorize then under $50, $25, $15.
- Gift Guide – Even if you don’t buy holiday nick-nacks, curate a Bloom fashion guide on how to buy for mom, grandma, teachers, etc.
- Charity – For example, make a “Wishlist” of items to be purchased for Toys 4 Tots. Then have items shipped to you and after gift wrapping, deliver to a local Toys 4 Tots location.
- Gift Wrap/Ship -- Offer a gift wrap service and select a cut-off date to ensure delivery before Christmas.
What are the big days for sales?
- Pink Friday: November 18. This is YOUR DAY! Specifically made for boutique owners.
- Black Friday: November 25. Will you do doorbusters or gift with purchase?
- Small Business Saturday: November 26. That’s you, so promote your wow factor!
- Cyber Monday: November 28. It’s time for online sales (but don’t give away the farm by doing large blanket sales)!
- 12 Days of Christmas: Offer specials/discounts/promos for 12 days!
How to get “loud”
Social selling is one of the easiest ways to get loud and in front of your customers. Make sure you are staying relevant and noticed on your social media. Don’t just start bombarding people when it’s time to Holiday shop, or they honestly may just scroll on past. Host a virtual Holiday zoom party for your VIP customers with LIVE sales and giveaways just for them. Maybe even host a “Holiday drink” party and show off how you make your favorite one. Staring a good email and text message campaign is also a great way to get noticed by your shoppers. But make sure your emails are clickable and send your shoppers to a direct link or they may not even bother.
Tips to remember
There are so many boutiques that people can shop. So why should they shop from you?? Remember, people buy emotions and how things make them feel. Make sure you are selling a solution and feelings to keep people coming back. Sales happen when customers like, know and trust you, so be the “Chick-fill-a” boutiques and WOW them always!
How will Bloom celebrate the Holiday shopping?
Bloom will be offering holiday shimmery tops, reindeer earrings and New Year’s Eve dresses. Also look for a BLACK FRIDAY SALE collection with items discounted 30-50% to post November 14 this month. Black Friday sales are perfect for putting together lower cost items and bundle collections while still maintaining a good profit margin.
From our team to yours, Happy Holidays!!